Round table in the interior: tips for choosing and 77 beautiful photos in the interior
The round table in the interior looks graceful and elegant, adds lightness and comfort to the space, is associated with warm home evenings and a family hearth. But it needs the right environment. In this article, we will tell you how to fit a table without corners into the space of different rooms, and also show photos of stylish examples from Russian and foreign interiors.
Round table in the interior of the kitchen and living room
Pros and cons
– MDF and chipboard
Ideas for different rooms
— Living room
Pros and cons
In the photo, round tables look very stylish, but this type of furniture has its advantages and disadvantages.
- The main plus of a round table in the kitchen, and indeed in any room, is aesthetics. Smooth lines are familiar and pleasing to the eye, the space immediately seems cozier, more elegant, visually lighter. A transparent tabletop and thin elegant legs enhance this effect.
- The circle is a universal shape. It can fit into any style: from classic to minimalism and even loft. Round tables look very good in Scandinavian, modern and neoclassical interiors.
- Unlike a rectangular dining area, where there is always a “head of the table” and a certain hierarchy of seating arrangements, the round shape creates a feeling of family, friendly meetings, and informal communication.
- The absence of sharp corners is important not only in terms of aesthetics, but also from a safety point of view: it minimizes the risk of accidental injury. This is especially true if there are children at home.
- Such a table will ideally fit into a bay window, an apse and other complex semicircular parts of the premises. Square or rectangular dining groups usually look foreign in them and do not stand up as they should.
- A rectangular shape is always easier to fit into space. The circle, on the other hand, will leave part of the useful area unused, and this is not always rational: for example, in small spaces, where every square centimeter counts.
- Models on one support may not be very stable — there is a risk of accidentally tipping the plates or the entire structure.
- Four legs reduce the number of seats. Although now manufacturers are working with this problem and producing ergonomic products with such a form of supports so that they do not interfere with those sitting.
- If the countertop is large, it is not always convenient to reach the dishes in the center.
5 mistakes in the design of the dining area that make it uncomfortable
In order for the dining group to look organic, it is important to choose a model that is suitable in terms of functionality and design.
According to functionality, they distinguish
The second important point is the number of legs.
- One central support — this option is convenient because most of the space below is free. Thanks to this, more people can be seated at the table.
- Three legs — a fairly comfortable and stable design.
- Four legs is reliable, but such a number of legs can make it difficult to comfortably fit around the table.
Kitchen table in the interior of the kitchen (54 photos)
The dining table must be not only durable and stable, but also unpretentious in maintenance, withstand contact with hot dishes and regular cleaning with detergents.
It is a natural, durable and therefore expensive material. In the interior, a wooden round table looks noble, solid and at the same time cozy. It will be organic both in a luxurious classic dining room and in a laconic scandi or contemporary. By itself, wood does not like moisture and temperature changes, so such countertops are most often covered with protective water and dirt-repellent compounds.
MDF and chipboard
MDF and chipboard are budget alternatives to wood, they are most often used by manufacturers in the middle and low price segment.
At the same time, it cannot be said that the materials are much inferior to wood in terms of characteristics. For example, both MDF and chipboard tolerate moisture much better, are not afraid of household chemicals, and if handled with care, they last a very long time. In addition, thanks to modern production technologies, they are practically indistinguishable from a natural array, but they cost several times less.
glass round table
Glass tables are very popular these days. They look good in a room of any size.
The transparent countertop looks very weightless, so these models are especially often chosen for small kitchens or studios. But this option is also suitable for a spacious living-dining room, where the glass surface will create a play of light and an interesting contrast with other, more massive furniture.
But the big minus of glass is its soiledness. On a transparent surface, all dirt, drops of fat or sauce, fingerprints will be visible, so you will have to wipe the countertop often. At the same time, other technical characteristics of the material are excellent: it is not afraid of high temperatures, moisture, does not absorb odors, and lasts a long time.
Plastic is considered the cheapest raw material, and because of the low price, it has been stereotyped as a low-quality material.
In fact, products made of high-quality plastic in operation are no worse than chipboard or MDF. Both the tabletop and the legs are made from it, sometimes part of the structure can be from a different material. Plastic tables are easy to clean, not afraid of exposure to moisture, steam, hot objects. Of course, this is not the best option for canonical classics or eco-style, where natural materials are required, but the product will organically fit into most other areas.
Consider how to fit a round table into the interior of the living room, kitchen and balcony, if a dining area is organized there.
In the kitchen, a round table creates a cozy and intimate atmosphere, especially if it is complemented by textiles made from natural fabrics.
- In a square room, you can place it right in the center. The circle in this case will become the visual center and “gather” the rest of the composition around it. This will also solve the problem of empty space, which is typical for square rooms.
- In an elongated kitchen, it is most convenient to put the dining group at the end, so as not to impede movement along the headset. Or pick up very compact furniture for 1-2 people.
- In a small room, a dining group can be organized in the corner.
Visually, the table can be neutral (for example, in the color of the headset) or, conversely, a bright eye-catching accent. An interesting design idea is to complement it with chairs from different sets. It immediately attracts attention and looks very original.
To add functionality to the kitchen, some of the chairs can be replaced with a sofa. And if there is not enough space, organize a breakfast corner at the bar or on the windowsill.
5 scenarios for arranging a dining area for different family members
A dining room is often arranged in the living room, leaving only a working area in the kitchen or making a compact place for quick snacks there.
In an elongated room, the arrangement of furniture is almost always the same: upholstered and dining groups follow each other. It’s great if you can put a table by the window — breakfast and lunch in natural light is always much more pleasant. If this place is occupied by another area (for example, a work area), then provide good lighting above the dining group.
Today, balconies of any size are increasingly being turned into stylish and functional spaces.
One of the most popular ideas for a closed insulated loggia is a corner for tea or breakfast. And in some cases, a full-fledged dining area for 1-2 people is placed here. A light round table is well suited for such a chamber space. It doesn’t always have to be for dinner. Since there is usually little space on the balcony, it can be replaced with a magazine model that fits the height, a wrought-iron garden version, or generally made to order to specific dimensions. All this is complemented by chairs, a pair of armchairs or a small sofa.
Balconies and loggias
7 mistakes when decorating a small balcony